Observations Of An Amateur Housewife

Friday, March 18, 2011

Dream House or Dream Home

Dream House/Dream Home April 2010

It’s fun to dream…if I could put together the perfect “dream house” for our family, it would probably look something like this.
It would have a family friendly and serene kitchen:(minus the birdhouse…indoor birdhouses aren’t really my style).
The open floor plan would be spacious–but not too big–with a warm, rich color palette:
Lily’s room would be picture perfect:
And Jackson’s room would probably be something along these lines:
The master bedroom and bath would be an oasis of peace and relaxation:                                  
And the ceilings would be oh so wonderfully high!
While we’re dreaming how about an outdoor living area?
Okay, back to reality. In reality, our house looks nothing like this.  In reality, I have purple countertops, a yellow bathtub, and popcorn-textured ceilings that I can practically touch if I stand on my tiptoes. In reality, my house is–beautiful.
Beautiful because it is filled with the people I love most in the world. Beautiful because it is decorated with my son’s toy cars on the floor, and my daughter’s fingerprints on the mirror. And because our dreams are here.
Every family has dreams. For us, our greatest dreams revolve around each other and where God wants us to be. We are so amazingly blessed. We don’t deserve to be taken care of, to have a roof over our heads, beds to sleep in, shelter from the heat and cold. And yet, here we are surrounded by all of these things and more, simply because God has provided them for us.
Sure, a “dream house” would be nice. But if I had to choose, a dream home is even better. And that’s really what I’ve got.

No comments:

Post a Comment